July 8, 2008

GORT!

Just watched the trailer for The Day the Earth Stood Still a second time (over at Apple.com) and I'm really intrigued.  I know there's haters out there who will hate any remake.  However, I think it looks rather interesting because we see stuff actually getting destroyed - which is very different from the original (where nothing was destroyed).  And, as I predicted, Keanu Reeves is playing Klaatu just like how I imagined - and that's not a bad thing.  

But the big news is the very last shot of the trailer!  Check it out:









It's GORT!  And it looks awesome!  I'm glad they seem to be sticking mostly to the design in the original film.  This makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay on topic. Trolls will be deleted. Don't force me to moderate the comments.